Position Summary: The primary function of the router is to create organized efficient routes that will ensure the safe and efficient operation of all Drivers while in revenue service.
Essential Job Functions:
- Build organized and efficient routes for Driver and Dispatch staff.
- Ensure that routes are built to ensure the most direct and timely trips possible.
- Keeping abreast of changes that may impact service such as service trends, Driver-to-Trip ratio, and Driver availability.
- Ensure that performance goals are met in spite of operational challenges including, but not limited to vehicle shortages, staffing levels, and inclement weather conditions.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Daily pre on-time performance (as indicated by internal goals and external contractual goals)
- Pre-daily productivity (trips per hour)
- Ability to follow the department Standard Operating Procedures
- The quality of our service as indicated by the number and type of customer complaints due to routing issues
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office
- Operational knowledge of Paratransit or Transportation Industries
- Strong Customer Service, verbal/written communication, and problem solving skills
- Strong sense of direction and map/navigation skills
- Trapeze and previous dispatch experience preferred
Physical Demands: Sitting for long periods of time, walking for short periods of time, operating a computer and phone, repetitive movement requiring manual dexterity and fine motor skills, normal color vision and good close-up vision to where computer screen will not inhibit vision.
Work Environment: The Router must be able to work in the dispatch department that may be crowded or noisy, where work can be repetitive or stressful.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive, and employees shall perform other duties as appropriate. SCR Medical Transportation, Inc. reserves the right to change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. SCR Medical Transportation is an EOE.