Van Driver - SIGN ON BONUS $$
School Van Driver (CPS) - Part-time - $500 Sign on Bonus!! - Get hired today!
(Morning, Afternoon and Split shifts available)
IMPORTANT: Before you come in for an interview, please get a copy of your court purpose Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) and (if needed) obtain an Abstract Inquiry from the Illinois Department of Motor Vehicles (17 N. State St.,Chicago)
Must be at least 23 yrs. old.
Must have held a valid Driver’s license for 3 consecutive years.
The primary function of the School Van Driver Driver - Chicago Public Schools (CPS) is to provide SCR’s Chicago Public School customers/riders with door-to-door transportation in accordance with SCR standards of excellence.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide door-to-door transportation for passengers using SCR issued vehicle.
- Plan routes to destination, and evaluate alternatives for unexpected detours or emergencies.
- Pick up passengers in response to radio or telephone relayed request for service.
- Exhibit safe and defensive driving skills in accordance with SCR’s driver training.
- Follow proper procedure when transporting passengers including but not limited to: proper wheelchair securement and providing passenger assistance at entries and exits.
- Maintain knowledge of proper methods to load and unload, distribute and secure passengers.
- Indicate completion of trip as instructed (e.g. through Mobile Data Terminal or Dispatch).
- Complies with local traffic regulations. Evaluates and maintains proper speeds and distances based on road conditions and traffic conditions.
- Completes accident and/or incident reports.
- Completes Pre-trip and Post-trip inspections (e .g. records mileage, fuel level , vehicle defects, etc.).
Key performance indicators:
- Daily on-time performance
- Daily productivity (trips per hour)
- Your ability to follow the department Standard Operating Procedures
- Customer service and appearance
- Must be 23 years or older;
- Must hold a valid Illinois or Indiana Driver’s license;
- Must have held a valid Driver’s license for three (3) consecutive years;
- Must have a valid social security card;
- Must provide a Court Purpose Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) with no more than one (2) moving violation in the past three (3) years;
- Customer service, verbal and written communication, and problem solving skills;