DRIVER - $1,000 SIGN ON BONUS!!
DRIVER - Full time and part time opportunities available! Get hired on the spot!
Join the leading Chicago ADA Paratransit provider in Chicago!
We are proud to offer these great benefits to our drivers:
- GUARANTEED HOURS and Year Round Work
- FREE Life Insurance
- After 60 days, eligible for Health Insurance, Dental Insurance and Vision Insurance; you ONLY PAY 20% of the cost!
- Save for your retirement and the company will MATCH YOUR 401k CONTRIBUTION
- PAID Vacation and Sick Time
- PAID training
- PAID Holidays
- Weekly On site Massages
- Enjoy Shift PREMIUMS
The primary function of the Paratransit DRIVER is to provide SCR’s customers/riders with door-to-door transportation in accordance with SCR's standard of excellence.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide door-to-door transportation for passengers using a SCR issued vehicle.
- Plan routes to destination, and evaluate alternatives for unexpected detours or emergencies.
- Pick up passengers in response to radio or telephone relayed request for service.
- Exhibit safe and defensive driving skills in accordance with SCR’s driver training.
- Follow proper procedure when transporting passengers including but not limited to: proper wheelchair securement and providing passenger assistance at entries and exits.
- Open and close doors for customers.
- Provide passenger with easy entry and exit at pick up and drop off locations.
- Maintain knowledge of proper methods to load and unload, distribute and secure passengers.
- Indicate completion of trip as instructed (e.g. through Mobile Data Terminal or Dispatch).
- Complies with local traffic regulations. Evaluates and maintains proper speeds and distances based on road conditions and traffic conditions.
- Completes accident and/or incident reports.
- Collects and records appropriate cash receipts and fares.
- Completes Pre-trip and Post-trip inspections (e .g. records mileage, fuel level , vehicle defects, etc.).
Key performance indicators:
- Daily on-time performance
- Daily productivity (trips per hour)
- Your ability to follow the department Standard Operating Procedures
- Customer service and appearance
- Must be 23 years or older;
- Must hold a valid Illinois or Indiana Driver’s license; CDL is NOT required
- Must have held a valid Driver’s license for 5+ consecutive years;
- Must obtain a Court Purpose Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check;
- Customer service, verbal and written communication, and problem solving skills;