VAN DRIVER - Part-Time
VAN DRIVER - Part time
NO CDL IS REQUIRED!
The primary function of the Van DRIVER is to provide non emergency transportation to SCR’s customers/riders with door-to-door transportation in accordance with SCR's standard of excellence.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide door-to-door transportation for passengers using a SCR issued vehicle.
- Plan routes to destination, and evaluate alternatives for unexpected detours or emergencies.
- Pick up passengers in response to radio or telephone relayed request for service.
- Exhibit safe and defensive driving skills in accordance with SCR’s driver training.
- Follow proper procedure when transporting passengers including but not limited to: proper wheelchair securement and providing passenger assistance at entries and exits.
- Open and close doors for customers.
- Provide passenger with easy entry and exit at pick up and drop off locations.
- Maintain knowledge of proper methods to load and unload, distribute and secure passengers.
- Indicate completion of trip as instructed (e.g. through Mobile Data Terminal or Dispatch).
- Complies with local traffic regulations. Evaluates and maintains proper speeds and distances based on road conditions and traffic conditions.
- Completes accident and/or incident reports.
- Completes Pre-trip and Post-trip inspections (e .g. records mileage, fuel level , vehicle defects, etc.).
Key performance indicators:
- Daily on-time performance
- Daily productivity (trips per hour)
- Your ability to follow the department Standard Operating Procedures
- Customer service and appearance
- Must be 23 years or older;
- Must hold a valid Illinois or Indiana Driver’s license;
- Must have held a valid Driver’s license for 3+ consecutive years;
- Must obtain a Court Purpose Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check;
- Customer service, verbal and written communication, and problem solving skills;