Basic Function: The Road Supervisor’s responsibilities focus on ensuring the safe and efficient operation of all vehicles in service. He or she reports directly to the Driver Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conducting written field evaluations through on-road monitoring that includes, but is not limited to:
- Assessment of vehicle condition, vehicle operator professionalism, vehicle operator performance, and service rule adherence
- On the spot re-training.
- Promptly responding to accidents/incidents as directed by Management, ensuring that all on-site A/I procedures are followed.
- Assisting Safety & Training Supervisor with Behind-the-Wheel training of new drivers and re-training of current drivers.
- Performing Ride Checks both observed and unobserved as needed.
- Assisting with maintaining positive Employee Morale and Quality Customer Service.
- Performing management approved dispatched client pick-ups as needed.
- Assisting in ensuring the professional appearance of all vehicles and employees.
- Client wheelchair management.
- Onsite lot management
- Retrain drivers as it pertains to “Drive Cam” violations and customer complaints
- All other duties as assigned.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Daily on-time performance
- Daily productivity
- Ability to follow department Standard Operating Procedures
- Customer Service and professional appearance
Specific Tech/Job Related Skills:
- Must work effectively with employees and have strong leadership qualities.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have good time management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must have good attendance and safety record.
- Must have understanding of systems and procedures.
- Requires flexible hours, including extended days and some weekends as needed.
- Must have all licenses and certifications required to operate equipment for SCR Transportation and the various contracts.
Physical Demands: Lifting and/or carrying 25-50 lbs., pushing/pulling with a force of up to 60 lbs., repetitive movements and postures, sitting continuously for long periods of time, walking up to 0.5 mi., near/far/depth/color vision necessary to operate a vehicle, standing, writing.
Work Conditions: The Road Supervisor must be able to work in an environment consisting of long periods of driving with periodic exposure to outside weather conditions and traffic congestion. The Road Supervisor must also be able to perform duties for extended periods of time in a garage and outdoor environment, with exposure to possible inclement weather.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive, and employees shall perform other duties as appropriate. SCR Medical Transportation, Inc. reserves the right to change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. SCR Medical Transportation is an EOE.