Nature and Scope: SCR is a rapidly growing, specialized public transportation company that has built its reputation in the industry with a strong focus on customer service, on-time performance and continuous improvement. The foundation for its success is based on core values and cultural norms in the organization centered on sensitivity, caring and responsiveness, values embodied in the name of the company itself, SCR. Successful employees in the organization embrace these values and also demonstrate high standards of excellence, hard work/dedication/ professionalism, respect, adaptability, dependability, patience and team work.
Basic Function: The basic function of the Driver Coordinator is to organize, coordinate and carry out the organizations plans for scheduling and staffing for the day’s work. The execution of this responsibility is achieved through the direct management of driver vehicle and equipment assignments, attendance and variance reporting such as accidents/incidents, vehicle shortages and call-offs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Report to the Driver/Operations Manager on Key Performance Indicators that monitors the attendance, scheduled to departure times, equipment usage and violations for all drivers through the maintenance of metrics.
- Utilize extra board driver resources efficiently and cost effectively to ensure that productivity and on time performance is maintained during demand surge and driver attendance situations.
- Monitor individual driver performance to identify those who require additional training or some level of assistance in meeting the minimum driver performance standards. Assist in managing to those minimum standards to include: attendance, tardiness, on time performance and safety.
- Identify and investigate driver performance issues to determine the cause and first step corrective action to be implemented.
- Support and utilize a driver retraining program that identifies drivers that demonstrate difficulty in performing their daily responsibilities.
- Supervise the hourly activities of the driver’s and their on the road concerns through the monitoring of the dispatch radio system and answering of incoming driver calls to ensure that SCR is always aware of potential field service issues.
- Conduct pre-shift Driver meetings as instructed by senior management or as the need arises for topics of concern.
- Oversee the Pre-trip vehicle inspections to ensure that the driver has properly inspected the vehicle and all associated equipment and that everything is in proper working order prior to leaving the base, to include: Wheel Chair straps, seatbelt extensions, vehicle seats and wheel chairs (when applicable)
Key Performance Indicators:
- Execute and coordinate the scheduling, Vehicle assignment and other activities of Driver’s engaged in providing services to the SCR customer contracts.
- Ensure that all drivers are assigned to the appropriate capacity vehicle for the route that they are assigned and that all equipment is present and in proper working order prior to departure from the base.
- Perform the first step disciplinary process for all drivers found in violation of company and /or PACE policy.
- Accurate recording and reporting of driver’s daily attendance to the Driver/Operations Manager.
- Oversee the accurate completion of all Accident/Incident reporting in accordance with the documented SOP, and proper forwarding of the reports to the responsible person(s) or department(s).
- Resolve and oversee any on-the-road driver issues, serving as the liaison to dispatch.
· Comprehensive knowledge of the structure, mission and operational aspects of transit operations.
· At least three years of related professional experience, including two years of supervisory or administrative experience.
· Associates degree required; Bachelor degree preferred
· Strong interpersonal, writing, analytical skills and supervisory skills.
· Ability to establish credibility at all levels within the organization.
· Must be results-oriented with strong organizational and planning skills.
· Ability to handle several diverse projects simultaneously
· Ability to delegate and direct a staff.
· Combination of education and experience relating to this position is desirable.
Physical Demands: Using hands to write, use computer, operate a motor vehicle, use a hand held device, and telephone. Reading documents, writing legibly, talking, hearing. Frequent variations of sitting, walking, standing, kneeling, reaching, or stooping.
Work Environment: The Driver Coordinator must be able to perform duties for extended periods of time in a garage and outdoor environment that can be noisy or stressful, with exposure to possible inclement weather.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive, and employees shall perform other duties as appropriate. SCR Medical Transportation, Inc. reserves the right to change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. SCR Medical Transportation is an EOE.