Position Summary: Performs custodial maintenance duties, including dusting, mopping, vacuuming and cleaning and restocking restrooms.
Essential Job Functions:
- Keeps building and property in clean and orderly condition
- Performs routine maintenance activities.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, or vacuums floors.
- Gathers and empties trash.
- Scrubs, sanitizes, and supplies restroom facilities.
- Dusts furniture, walls, and equipment.
- Cleans windows and mirrors.
- Mixes cleaning solutions and chemicals in containers in preparation for cleaning, according to instructions.
- Follows procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and use of sanitizing equipment.
- Cleans and polishes fixtures and furniture.
- Cleans and polishes furniture and fixtures.
- Manages inventory of cleaning supplies.
- Previous experience required.
- High school diploma
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to understand verbal instructions.
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
- Ability to operate vacuums and other related equipment.
- Ability to safely use cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to understand written and verbal communications.
Position requires: a) use of power equipment to buff and restore floors and shampoo carpets; b) regular and routine dusting, mopping, vacuuming, emptying trash and cleaning restrooms; and c) routine maintenance to custodial equipment.
Walk, stand on concrete floor. Bend, stoop, crouch, kneel and crawl to perform repairs and cleaning. Reach below, at and above shoulder height to perform repairs and cleaning. Hand and power tool use may be required. Climb, stand and balance on ladders perform repair & maintenance. Work above shoulders in cervical extension from a stand, bend, stoop, crouch, and kneel. Considerable physical activity. On occasion, may require heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds.
The Janitor/Custodian must be able to work in indoor and outdoor environments, with exposure to extreme outdoor weather, confined work spaces, heights, slippery surfaces, electrical hazards, dust, and possible contact with toxic substances or chemical irritants. This job description is not intended to be all inclusive, and employees shall perform other duties as appropriate. SCR Medical Transportation, Inc. reserves the right to change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. SCR Medical Transportation is an EOE.