Fleet MaintenanceFleet Maintenance
Basic Function: Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform a variety of skilled and semi-skilled duties related to vehicle and equipment maintenance and repair; maintain service and repair records.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform vehicle preventative maintenance
- Accurately diagnose and perform phases of vehicle and equipment repair
- Accurately document repairs and parts utilizing Vehicle Maintenance Information System (VMIS)
- Remove, clean, repair, reinstall, and adjust vehicle components
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately entered in VMIS
- Select appropriate course of action for repairs
- Evaluate completed work prior to release – seek supervisor approval where required
- Ensure safe use of power and hand-held tools
- Perform road calls and emergency services as necessary
- Safely move vehicles between job and work area
- Communicate professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors
- Actively participate in safety or educational training as required
- Continuous re-certification is required to remain in job classification
- The above duties are not meant to restrict initiative, but rather to define minimum activities. These duties may be altered to suit the needs of the company as needed.
- Minimum of three (3) years direct automotive repair experience.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose and accurately repair assigned vehicles with some guidance and assistance from lead mechanic.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certified tech or OEM dealership experience preferred
- Must have a valid driver's license. A CDL is strongly preferred.
- Candidate must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have an appropriate mechanic's tool set.
- Must be a Sensitive, Caring and Responsive individual. Listen carefully to others; respond willingly and appropriately to questions.
- Strong customer service, verbal communication and problem solving skills
- Able to operate laptop/computer for diagnostic, tracking and reporting purposes
- Have operational knowledge of shop tools to include Freon Recovery machine, Ox/Acetylene torch, CVAC (coolant evacuation machine), presses and common hand tools.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
- Must be able to read diagrams and work with color-coded wiring.
- Individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
Physical Demands: Walk, stand on concrete floor. Bend, stoop, crouch, kneel and crawl to repair vehicles. Reach below, at and above shoulder height to repair vehicles. Insert hand(s) into confined areas to repair vehicles. Hand, power and air tool use is required. Climb, stand and balance on ladders or the vehicles to perform repair. Work above shoulders in cervical extension from a stand, bend, stoop, crouch, and kneel. Work under vehicles while they are on the hoist or the shop floor.